We are looking for a Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Officer to join our team in Eastern, PA.
- Perform routine inspections of Company facilities and job sites to ensure that all personnel and work activities are in accordance with Company and customer policies and procedures, as well as state and federal guidelines.
- Assists with creating emergency action and fire drill test plans.
- Tracks fall protection yearly.
- Investigates incidents for root causes and implements corrective actions for future prevention. Reports incidents and completes required paperwork.
- Compiles data about incidents, near misses and spills, and tracks on a spreadsheet.
- Completes monthly office-inspection forms.
- Ensures that all tasks performed by Company are identified on the master risk-analysis chart and properly communicated.
- Communicates with each department head regularly and participates in meetings to improve Company culture and procedures.
- Follows requirements of reporting, certification, and training.
- Assists the HSE Manager with supervising personnel; assists with on-the-job training; enforces company and customer policies; performs employee reviews, onboarding, discipline, and separation.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Assists the HSE Manager with performing incident investigations to determine root-cause analysis and corrective actions needed to prevent future incidents.
- Embraces and promotes a safe, positive work culture with a strong focus on process improvement, quality, and safety.
- At least (2) years of Health, Safety, & Environmental field experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Several years of experience in building/fabricating fence structures at the highest skill levels.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and shoulder a multitude of responsibilities.
- Ability to supervise crews to ensure high-quality workmanship and a healthy team environment.
- Ability to engage customers/associated contractors, ensure that the needs of all parties are satisfactorily met, and negotiate the best terms for both parties.
- Ability to consistently comply with and meet Company attendance schedule.
- Solid work history.
- Ability to prioritize safety.
- Ability to comply with and enforce all Company policies/procedures.
- Ability to interpret blueprints.
- Ability to work long hours during busy times.
- Computer skills—Bluebeam, Microsoft, email, form applications, etc.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Must be able to travel, if needed.
- Must be aware of exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the jobsite.
- Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds at a time.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 833-693-2044 ext. 5
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.